Electric Kettle has brought relief to our everyday kitchen. It has eradicated the hassle of boiling water on the stovetop. Also, it boils water faster than a stovetop. You can use an electric kettle in various ways like making hot water, tea, coffee. You can also be creative by making ramen, oats, etc by owning a kettle. For our choice of electric kettle, we recommend buying Cuisinart Perfectemp Kettle.
Why Cuisinart Electric kettle?
Cuisinart is one of the most renowned brands for household and kitchen appliances, popular all over the world. Unlike any other brands, Cuisinart has been experimenting with smart technologies in kitchen appliances too. Their new stainless steel electric kettle is also a perfect example of that.
Why Should You Buy Cuisinart Perfectemp Electric Kettle?
The all-new Cuisinart CPK-17 Perfectemp 1.7-liter Stainless Steel Cordless electric kettle has been in the market for a while. This has already become a popular kitchen appliance item on Amazon. The classic design with a touch of smart technology has widely attracted the customers. Let’s see what’s new in this Cuisinart electric kettle.
The Cuisinart CPK-17 Perfectemp 1.7-liter Stainless Steel Cordless electric kettle is specially made for fast heating and making delicate teas by brewing at the right temperature. We all are obviously bored having over-brewed teas which ruin the experience of having the particular tea. This electric kettle has finally fulfilled our needs. Let’s have a quick look at the product specifications:
- 1.7-liter capacity
- Product dimensions: 8.2 x 9.8 x 12 inches
- Weight: 1.58 pounds
- 6 preset temperatures
- One-touch controls with blue LED indicators
- 30-minute Keep Warm option
- The memory feature allows the kettle to be lifted off base for 2 minutes without shutting off or losing its place in the brewing process
- 1500 watts for fast heat-up
- Blue backlit water window
- 360° swivel cordless connector
- Stainless steel body
- Stay-cool nonslip handle
- Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup
- Removable/cleanable scale filter
- Auto shutoff and boil dry protection
- 1 nonstandard battery required
- Limited 3-year warranty
What Features Make It A Top Product?
The kettle is specially equipped with 1500 watts of power system for fast heating so that it can easily bring water to a rolling boil within minutes. So it comes handy for hot water anytime.
It also offers six different heat settings, which allows boiling tea at just the right temperature depending on the variety. Besides, it has the simple one-touch control on the kettle’s handle, which helps us to select perfect temperatures for different varieties ranging from 160 F to 212 F. It also has a “Boil” option which also allows us to make instant cocoa, oatmeal, noodles, and etc.
A shorter power-supply cord is also provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord. A longer cord can be used too if necessary.
The control panel has blue LED indicators, a “Start” button, and a “Keep warm” button. The other features of the kettle are:
- Dripless Pour Spout with Splash Guard the pour spout is designed with a splash guard to prevent dripping and keeping counters dry
- Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup and decalcification
- Removable Scale Filter for clean water. It is washable also.
- Easy-Open Lid for quick and easy filling
- Lid Release Button
- Preset Temperature Controls with Indicators
- Delicate (160°F)
- Green (175°F)
- White (185°F)
- Oolong (190°F)
- Herbal (200°F)
- Black (Boil – 212°F)
- French Press (200°F)
- Start (Stop) with Indicator to start/stop the heating process
- Keep Warm with Indicator maintains the selected temperature for 30 minutes
- Water Window for a clear view of water level
- Stay-Cool Handle designed for not heating up so that it becomes comfortable
- Power Base with 360° Swivel for cordless convenience, so that the cord doesn’t get in the way of pouring water.
Why It Is Better Than Other Electric Kettles?
The kettle also offers programmable functions such as memory feature keep warm mode, boil-dry protection, and sleep mode.
The kettle also has an internal memory that lets us leave the kettle off the base without going to standby mode for up to 2 minutes. If returned to the base within optimum time, it will restart the heating cycle right where they left off.
Keep warm mode
It’s also the default function that automatically maintains the selected temperature for 30 minutes. However, keep warm function can be turned off by pressing the “Keep warm” button at any time of the heating cycle.
It also has a boil-dry protection feature. If it starts heating without enough water, the heater will automatically turn off in order to prevent damaging the heating element. The unit will beep to alert and the lights will flash. Once the kettle is cooled down, we can start the process from the start.
The unit has a sleep mode also. It will go to sleep mode if not active for 5 minutes. The heater and also all lights will be off.
- Less noisy than other electric kettles, it raises the temperature quickly, which kind of reduces the noise.
- As it is a stainless steel kettle, so there is no rust issue
- The cord is about 1 yard long and also can be coiled within the base, which allows us better positioning. Besides, there is no chance of wire becoming entangled as the cord can recoil.
- The filter is washable, so no chance of dirty water.
While experimenting with this electric kettle, we found out some drawbacks of it. Although these flaws are quite negligible compared to the positive aspects of this product. But still, the following are some negative sides of this product that may bother you:
- The prints on the buttons of this electric kettle are prone to be wiped off after some days of using. It does not impair the function, but that makes it difficult to select the functions to use it.
- The body of the kettle contains some plastic material in some parts, which was a little bit unsatisfactory considering it is a high-end product. But we did not get any plastic smell from the product.
Cuisinart also offers a whopping 3 years of limited warranty for their electric kettle. If there is a problem with the product, you can also ship it to the customer service enclosing the return shipping charge. The warranty policy also excludes any defects or damages caused by accessories, replacement parts, or repair services other than those that have been authorized by Cuisinart. Besides, some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of these damages. Overall, the warranty procedure seems quite complicated for us.
Price and Buying Guide
The price of this product is around 70 US dollars. You can buy this online from Amazon.
Despite some flaws, this electric kettle is outstanding. In this price range, this is an excellent electric kettle. We highly recommend this product and also thanks to Cuisinart for making tea brewing so easy.